This rich creamy biryani is full of spicy flavour. Begin this recipe a day ahead.
The ingredient of Chicken biryani
- 260g (1 cup) Vaalia Low Fat Natural Probiotic Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, quartered, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 truss tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) basmati rice
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Vaalia Low Fat Natural Probiotic Yoghurt, extra, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken biryani
- Combine yoghurt and curry paste in a glass bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the oil and onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the tomato, cinnamon and bay leaves. Simmer for 2 minutes or until pulpy.
- Stir the chicken and rice into the pan. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir through chopped coriander. Serve sprinkled with fried shallots and topped with extra yoghurt and coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Chicken biryanicalories: 618.293 calories
calories: 17.8 grams fat
calories: 3.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 74.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 126 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 439 milligrams sodium